Friday, June 15, 2012

What it Means to be a Do-it-Yourself-er

My husband and I are getting ready to begin a two-month long remodeling project on a home we just purchased as a fixer upper. The daunting task of a kitchen remodel would be scary enough, but no... there's more. We're gutting the main bathroom, retexturing all the ceilings, painting virtually every permanent surface in the house, and upgrading some of the fixtures. As a do-it-yourself-er, it can sometimes be hard to know what the best techniques are and where to get started. I do not consider myself to be an expert, but rather a seasoned "tryer." So over the next few months as we tear into the belly of our new house and discover what we should and shouldn't do, I plan to share my findings with the rest of the do-it-yourself world. If even one of my mistakes will help someone else save time or money, that is worth it to me. Tonight, we begin with removing popcorn ceilings. As they say, "let the games begin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment